Back to Jeanne's Quilting Too
Tomato Basil Pie
9-inch prepared pie crust, unbaked
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
4 medium tomatoes, peeled and diced
1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
4 cloves garlic
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Additional basil for garnish
- Place pie crust in a 9-inch pie plate. Flute the edges or press with fork tines. Pre-bake according to the package or recipe directions. Remove from oven and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Cool on a wire rack.
- Drain diced tomatoes on paper towels. Place on top of the melted cheese in the baked shell. In a food processor, combine the basil and garlic, processing until coarsely chopped. Sprinkle over the tomatoes.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the remaining mozzarella cheese, mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese. Spoon cheese mixture over basil mixture, spreading to evenly cover the top.
- Bake at 375° for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the top is golden and bubbly. Serve warm garnished with basil leaves. Serves 4 to 8.
Honey Glazed Pea Pods and Carrots
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1/2 pound snow peas, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add carrots and cook until tender crisp, 10 to 12 minutes. Add pea pods and cook until tender crisp; drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in the same pan and stir in cornstarch. Return carrots and peas to pan and stir in honey. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through. Yield 6 servings.